I love and invite comments. I don’t know a blogger who doesn’t appreciate feedback, and love finding out who is visiting their blog.
However, I will lay some ground rules. Consider this blog private property, and as owner, I reserve the right to kick anyone out if they aren’t respectful. Most people understand basic civility and are able to communicate a thought with brevity, good will, and cogency. So these rules are for the small percentage of people who do not.
1) Please refrain from foul language or personal attacks on me and/or other commenters. You’ll just lose credibility, and I want to keep this place family friendly.
2) I reserve the right as author of this blog to refuse to post comments that are not civil, or just plain irritate me. If you can’t get over the fact that I’m pro-life, for instance, your time would be better spent somewhere else.
3) Keep comments short and to the point. Please don’t copy entire articles into your comment; use links if necessary. If you have that much to say, perhaps you should start your own blog or write a book. Only if your comment is fascinating will I allow a longer comment.
4) I try to keep things up to date. However, I don’t sit in front of the computer 24 hours a day, and so your comment might be awaiting moderation for a time.
5) Don’t get too upset over blog discussions or debates. If you find yourself irate over something I or someone else said, remind yourself, “It’s only a blog,” and go outside or something. Please don’t allow yourself to take this blog more seriously than I do.